Sunday, February 5, 2012

Again with the Chasseur Sauce



Remembering back to my post on Tornados Chasseur and again with Prime Rib, I love Chasseur Sauce.  Well, last night I had a steak and wanted some sauce.  I looked in the cabinet and there was no Beef Broth.  But, there was an envelope of Au Jus.  So I made some up.  I didn't use a recipe, just kinda threw it together.  It was the best ever.  After dinner I went back and read the recipes.  Pretty close but what made the difference was that I added more butter, used some wine, and since I have fresh rosemary in the yard, I threw some of that in too. Of course, there's always garlic, so it went in.  Then, who knows why, I spotted one of those school lunch box size boxes of raisins in the cabinet and I threw that in too.  The last thing I did different was it was a little runny so I let 'er simmer.  This does a couple things.  First it burns off the excess liquid including the alcohol from the wine.  Then it draws out and blends all the flavor.  What came out was a thick Chasseur Sauce that was to die for!

Chasseur Sauce

1 envelope Au Jus (I used Lawrey's)
1 cup water
1 1/2 tblspn ketchup
1/4 cup wine
half an onion chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
1 tblspn minced garlic
3 tblspns butter
1 tspn rosemary
1 small box raisins

start with the butter onions, galic, and mushrooms. saute

In a shaker, mix everything else.  Shake it up baby!  Add to pan and let simmer until it reduces to a nice thick sauce.

You're gonna like the way it tastes.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment