Sunday, June 10, 2012

Grilled Cheese and variations thereof...




Some people are just nuts for grilled cheese sandwiches.  My wife is.  Then there’s  my niece who used to eat grilled cheese for breakfast.  I’ll have to ask her if she still does it.  I wonder if her husband does?  They’ve also got a new baby who will be old enough before long for a grilled cheese introduction…..hmmmmm.



Anyway, inexpensive, quick, and just down right delicious.



Just in case you live in Siberia and although you are looking at my blog, but have never tried a grilled cheese sandwich, here’s what you do.  Butter some bread.  Put a piece or two of American cheese in between with butter side out.  Grill.



Now, let’s talk variations.  One of the easiest is simply changing the cheese.  Maybe some provolone or swiss.  Then my wife adds some miracle whip.  Yep, before grilling.  Several years ago, we went to a little Mom and Pop place and they had added red onion and sliced tomato.  It’s fantastic and we still do it.  I of course, like dead animal products so I’ll add some roast beef, bologna, or chicken.  Every so often, we’ll skip the cheese all together and just have some grilled roast beef with bbq sauce (sometimes ham and bbq sauce).  How about ham and cheese, grilled… with mayo…..  Or, how about a little tuna salad or some salmon.  Listen, you could go on and on and on……  I’m really not sure about anchovies….



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have been known to grill pb & J every now and again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love grilled cheese. Dom likes 'em with a bowl of chili. I learned on the food network from Bobby Flay to try them "crunchified". That means put potato chips on before you grill it. Delish. I also love a slice of muenster on them. It melts so nicely. Sometimes I like to add a hot dog or bacon. My latest variation is the pizza grilled cheese: mozzerella and pepperoni, and then dip it in a little pasta sauce. Yum yum! Dex is yet to try his first grilled cheese, but I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete