Monday, November 28, 2011

Vietnamese Beef with Mushrooms and Snow Peas



I’ve been craving Chinese food. I wanted to go to Panda Express yesterday but my wife talked me into tacos. So, today I asked her to go onto the internet and find me a Chinese recipe that she thought sounded good. She came up with Vietnamese Beef & Snow Peas.

She said the snow peas sounded good. I read the recipe and then went looking at beef broccoli, kung pao beef, and some others and decided to kinda make one up. To make the wife happy, I left the name but added mushrooms.

You know I love fresh mushrooms. Then I added some fresh green onions. Sirloin is on sale this week so that’s the meat I used.

I gotta say, it came out fantastic!




Mix together:
1 lb thinly sliced beef (I marinated it in Italian dressing while I cut the veggies)
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce (store bought)
1 tbsp wine
1 tbsp minced garlic

Pour 2 tbsp sesame oil in wok and stir fry the above mix until beef is no longer red.
Move it to a dish and pour another 2 tbsp sesame oil in wok.
Stir fry (about 6 minutes):
½ lb snow peas
½ lb mushroom slices
Two chopped (sliced) green onions
One sliced and seeded green bell pepper

Add the meat back into wok with veggies.
Add:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp msg (accent) (optional)
2 tbsp oyster sauce

Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
Serve over rice. I cook my rice in chicken broth

I loved it and my wife liked it too.
Mmmmm!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment